[DeTomaso] $5000 Pantera

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 16:33:14 EDT 2010

I have spoken to the owner of the Pantera in the ad ( or the owner of the
Ad) and on the surface he seems legit. He owns a construction bussiness that
has a proffesional looking web page, he has sent me pictures of the car and
he sent me a copy of the title. The Vin#  is THPNMD04299. I am far from
being an expert but I think this # is to low for a 1973., also the
Calafornia title lists the manufacturer as Pante (not Detomaso). The guy is
willing to have someone look at the car (which is purportedly in a shipping
container. Is there anyone near Modesto that would be willing or able to
look at this car? I have a ZF transaxle ( which this car is missing) and I
told the guy I would buy the car if someone could take a look at it for me.
Any opinions on the Vin  or title issues?
Boyd