[DeTomaso] Roland Jackel-from the PI board (Will Demelo)

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 15:43:49 EDT 2010

And would you call it a ball bearing packed with long ratio heating material?

I have a good Claymore story.  On the last operation of the battalion I was in, two companies were out at ambush sites.  The farther out called in to make sure the nearer had come in, and was told they had, so they came walking back to the camp and through the other ambush location.  The guy who was suppose to light off a Claymore to trigger the ambush was told to fire it (they couldn't see who was on the trail), but he had detached the caps on the terminals on the end of the wires and the hand held squeeze generator, looped the short straps around each other, and back onto the plugs, and in the excitment, forgot to plug the wires to the geneator as he squeezed the generator.  Someone realized they were about to spring the ambush on the good guys before the anyone realized the wires weren't attached.

I guess God was on our side that time.  You can imagine how bad it could have been.

Ken