[DeTomaso] Roland Jackel-from the PI board

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 15:31:51 EDT 2010

    I think eBay has provided a great service to all us little guys, and has used the Internet to pride a market for stuff would would have been thrown away a few years ago.  It has effectively created a lot of wealth.

    But having said that, I also think they have achieved a monopoly on Internet auctions and greatly abused that power in the way they use Pay pal.  Specifically, at one time (maybe it has changed by now):

1)  you have to have a premium account to accept a credit card and there are fees for the premium account.  Then eBay offers a credit card option to buyers even if you don't have a premium account, to coerce you into upgrading; and

2)  if you add "Pay pal payers will have to pay an additional amount to cover Pay pal charges" eBay will pull your auction.

   Personally, this really goes against my sense of fairness.  So while I truly appreciate their services, I don't appreciate what I consider their unfair practices.

Ken