[DeTomaso] Resistor in coil wiring?

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Sun Jun 20 14:03:11 EDT 2010

In the Longchamp I was looking for a good 12+ source for the electrical
choke. The wire from the ignition towards the coil was an idea, but I wasn't
sure if it had the full voltage needed.

With engine idling I have 12.7V across the battery, 12.0V on the wire before
the grey resistor, 7.7V at the coil. Coil is MSD Blaster 2, distributor is
Accel points.

1. Is the 12.0V enough to work with the electric choke? And will it affect
the ignition?

2. Since the wire is only 12.0V, is there built in resistance, and should I
ditch the grey resistor? Is 7.7V enough at the coil? (I see many different
opinions on Google)

Mikael

Pantera+Longchamp

www.tuningmadeeasy.com