[DeTomaso] Motorcraft 4300-D carb.

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Sun Jun 20 00:58:04 EDT 2010

Hi Myron
The 4300D carbs have much more value to 71-73 Mustang/Torino/Cougar owners
than Pantera people.
The 4300D that was used on the 71 BOSS 351 Mustang is worth a LOT of money
if complete and original.
The one used on the 72 351HO is also very valuable.
The original carbs used on 71-72 Panteras are the same exact part # as the 4
speed Mustangs made in the same years. If complete and decent, I've seen
them go for $100-200+ on ebay, IF the word MUSTANG is in the header. If they
just say Pantera carb, the same carb may go for $25. I've actually paid over
$200 for a real good one myself.
The 73-75 model carbs and all the ones for automatic cars seem a lot less
valuable. They were also used on some Ford/Torino 429 models too, but I
haven't folowed them cause I don't have a 429. The 4350s that look like a
4300D don't seem to have much value at all. Neither do the replacement carbs
without the original numbers on them. I have a list of some of the carb
numbers. If you want to send me the numbers off yours, I'll try to figure
out waht they are.

Barry