[DeTomaso] Mangusta running at Monterey Historic Races in August

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 17 13:52:24 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/17/10 10 28 50, garth_rodericks at yahoo.com writes:

> Does anyone know Lilo Zicron of Toluca Lake Classic Motorsports
> (http://www.tlcmotorsport.com/)?
> He's running a 1970 Mangusta in Group 5A at the Monterey Historic Races in
> August.
> http://www.mazdaraceway.com/files/2010_RMMR_Group_List.pdf (see page 9)
>
> I don't think he's a POCA member since I don't see him listed in the
> membership directory. I've sent him him an invite to the PCNC Dinner at Los
> Laureles along with the link for more information.

Julian Kift, Lori Albino and I met him and spent quite a bit of time with
him at the Nor-Cal Shelby Club track event back in April, and I took numerous
detailed photos of the car which now appear in the De Tomaso registry.
Apparently this car was converted to a race car when almost new.   The chassis
is unusually well-sorted, but the engine is weak, basically just a nice
street engine.   Lilo just wants to have fun with it, but having said that, he
drove it extremely competitively against a Falcon that had a ton of
power--the Mangusta's handling allowed him to run with it.

Lilo has a bunch of nice cars--his other car at the track that day was a
1966 Lola T70 Spyder. :>)