[DeTomaso] Valve Lash (was "steering rack question")

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 16 18:17:52 EDT 2010

I've done the EOIC method too - for every solid cam I've owned.

I set it cold @ about .008 tighter than spec, run it until it's hot, set it to spec, and let it sit over night.

The next day, I check the specs so I know where to set it cold.

Easy job.

I've tried setting all 16 valves hot, but after burning too many fingers, I do it the wuss method now.

I tried cutting the tops off an old pair of old valve covers too - on the 428.  That's pretty cool.  I did it to watch the oil running around in the head - not to adjust the valves.