[DeTomaso] How to recondition a steering wheel

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Tue Jun 15 14:48:48 EDT 2010

Hi Charlie,

I have been using "Wheelskins" leather covers on my cars for 12+ years. They
are outstanding quality. You will need to know your wheel measurements to
get the proper size. A tad small is better then too big as the leather will
stretch some.

You simply place it over the old steering wheel and lace it on. It comes
with everything you need to do this. Make sure you place the seam where you
want it. Start the lacing at the seam and go around. It is like your
sneakers, lace in and out or out and in to get the look you like. When you
get to the point of the spoke just lace on the one side to keep the look
going. Do the job in the sun on a warm day and it will cool down to a very
tight fit.

This is one of the BEST products I have ever bought. It was under my fingers
on the way into the office today.

I picked an odd colored steering wheel for my Pantera, at a very very good
price, knowing I can cover it.

$45 at my good friend J C Whitney.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/cowhide-leather-steering-wheel-covers/p2003147.jcwx
#prodDetailTabPanel