[DeTomaso] rocker arm adjustment

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Mon Jun 14 20:08:24 EDT 2010

You'd probably need to evaluate it for certain, but I do believe they
would work fine.  The whole conversion kit is so you can run a regular
set of adjustable rockers, no special nuts required.  However, if you
use a stud girdle, you -will- need to use the girdle manufacturers
nuts.  The portion of the stud that threads into the head is smaller
diameter yes, but the portion of the stud the rocker goes on is
regular size, like what would be there if it came with studs (like on
a BOSS head).  So once installed, the conversion kit makes it pretty
much just like machining and installing studs.  Here are some photos.
They were from long ago when I used a 35mm camera and scanned the
photos.  I scanned at a pretty small resolution at the time.  Someday
I may go back and fix that:

http://www.351c.info/gallery2/v/asajay/351C_Build_2001/adjust_valves.jpg.html
http://www.351c.info/gallery2/v/asajay/351C_Build_2001/rocker_ratio.jpg.html
http://www.351c.info/gallery2/v/asajay/351C_Build_2001/rocker1.jpg.html