[DeTomaso] U-joint fitment (was: RE: master cylinder)

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Jun 14 19:59:54 EDT 2010

It -may- be that you don't have the correct half shafts.  It's my
understanding many were modified in the 70's and 80's to accept
-different- u-joints.  There have also been aftermarket half-shafts
sold that didn't use original u-joints either.

So before you condemn the vendor, you might ask those questions.  That
was a chance I knew I was taking when I purchased new stock u-joints
for my Pantera.  It turned out they were fine, and they came with two
sets of snap rings, one think and one thin.  The only issue we had,
was that one of the yokes had been sleeved earlier in life.  My shop
fixed that up and everything is fine now.

Asa Jay