[DeTomaso] lowering of surge tank???

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Jun 14 15:49:05 EDT 2010

 All,

I have a project in mind that requires I lower the surge tank. The overflow tank need not move for the project.

As the surge tank houses the cooling system pressure cap in our Panteras, I think the cap needs to be the highest point in the system?

With that in mind, I guess if I keep it higher than the highest points of the cylinder heads I should be okay?

What about the overflow tank? Is its relation to the height of surge tank or engine of any concern?

Your thoughts and advice are solicited.

Thanks,

Larry