[DeTomaso] rocker arm adjustment

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 11:03:53 EDT 2010

question for cleveland experts --

I have stock block, crane linked hydraulic lifters, harland sharp roller rockers.  i adjusted the rocker arms by going one valve at a time with the engine on a stand to be sure I got it just right.  when I recently changed head gaskets, I noticed several of the pushrods were just a tiny bit loose, as if I had set the rocker arms a little too loose.  i reset them all, and next time I changed the head gaskets (dont ask) a few weeks later, I noticed the same thing again.  i gave up and have run the engine a bit and it seems fine.  any thoughts on the tiny-bit-loose pushrods.  (tiny bit loose means I can spin them easily and there is even a tiny bit of slack in them.  normally when I adjust, I tighten the rocker set screw until the rod no longer spins by fingers, and then 1/2 turn more.)  justin