[DeTomaso] master cylinder

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 08:22:48 EDT 2010

please offer advice.  I have ford master cylinder from Marino at pantera east with wilwood front calipers and pbr rears.  (sort of home-made system, but piston volumes seem to match up right on paper).  All new lines (made by me, several done twice because they leaked...), now with NO LEAKS.  I have bleed the system with mity-vac and motiv pressure bleeders over and over again, yet pedal still is soft.

Does anyone know what the bore size for this Master cylinder is?  I have not been thrilled with pantera east since he sold me "the correct" u joints for the driveshafts which were actually too long and required me to spill blood and a lot of curses to make them work (and I still fear they will fall out once I get over 30 mph).  Has anyone else had this problem?  My father used the same master cylinder with the stock brakes, and had the exact same problem.  So much that it lead him to sell the car when he could not fix it (one of several problems)...  Justin