[DeTomaso] radar and laser detector

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Jun 13 14:18:09 EDT 2010

FWIW, Dan, we own two Fox Laser/Radar detectors. In the Pantera, the Fox
case can easily be installed ABOVE the inside rear view mirror on the
passenger side for the absolute highest and least obtrusive possible mounting. A
higher mount increases the radar range and the Pantera sets pretty low to the
pavement. The wiring runs inside the windshield moulding so there are no
dangling cords and the end is wired directly into a fuse in the fuse box. I've
even had a cop tell me this mounting does not obstruct the view out the
windshield- one reason for picky patrolmen to write you a ticket even if a
detector is legal to own in your State.

The Valentine has a marginally better range according to radar test results
and has several extra features, but its bulk makes unobtrusive mounting
more difficult. YMMV- J DeRyke