[DeTomaso] radar and laser detector

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Jun 13 13:40:45 EDT 2010

Dan,

Strongly recommend the Valentine. Like David, the laser false alerts from LED's are a bit of a pain. But those arrows really give you the upper hand.

Years ago headed up the 101 to a PCNC meeting, I got an alert. If I had no arrows, I'd have been looking ahead, and would have missed the cycle cop sneaking up from behind. I slowed things down a bit and he planted himself in my blind spot and waited for my mistake...eventually he gave up and zoomed ahead. :-)

I've had mine for 7 years. The range, and arrows, is awesome.

Recently found it had lost it's sensitivity to local school zone units and distance abilities, so I wrote out the standard $45 repair check and sent it back.

They returned it in about 10 days, and returned my check, too.

That is service and standing behind their product, both are rare these days.

eBay offers aftermarket remote kits much cheaper than the $19 OEM.  Take a look at this one:

http://tinyurl.com/V1directwire

Larry