[DeTomaso] radar and laser detector

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 12:08:35 EDT 2010

It's time for a new radar detector.  I'm primarily looking at
Valentine One versus the
Escort Redline (dual antenna model) and the Escort Passport 9500ix
(GPS enabled).  Escort
will knock off $80 with a trade in of the old detector and toss in
some accessories (single
suction mount and combo smart cord) for a price of $419.  Valentine
One is $399 so there's
not much difference in price.  I'll need to use it 6 different cars so
I'll be buying several
direct wire kits.  So is the valentine One still top of the heap?  My
old Passport gave good
detection range but was plagued by false laser alarms.

Dan Jones