[DeTomaso] Crane Link Bar Lifter Failure

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:21:21 EDT 2010

Just a word of warning.  We were just dyno testing a set of the Crane/FRPP
hydraulic roller link bar lifters on the dyno and several of them came apart.
We caught it while swapping out the intake for a test but a couple of the
cam lobes were damaged in the process (custom Bullet hydraulic roller).  We
pulled out a pair from the dyno mule 351C and it's apparent what the problem
is.  The pins were not swedged properly and the pins backed out.  On the good
ones, the button diameter is 0.287" while the unpeened set measure 0.195".
My guess is these were some of the last ones made by Crane before going out
of business and were never finish machined.

Dan Jones