[DeTomaso] MSD Box Autopsy Results

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:18:17 EDT 2010

I just received my original MSD box back from repair with a note, Too
damaged to repair, circuit board fried!

I called and asked for a tech who could go over the notes,

they asked if I had a one wire alternator...No

Asked if I had disconnected the battery using the Positive post first...No,
but who knew that mattered?

Then it hit me, I had left the fan on ( stupid fan!!!!! ) and had to be jump
started before I left the last place I was at before it died,

I let SOMEBODY ELSE attach the jumper cables while I started the car, and
then remove them once it kicked over

By removing the Positive cable first and the Ground cable last, the MSD dude
said that it spiked the system.

WTF?

I ran for about 5 minutes after that and then backfired and died.

So now we have something new to debate.....

Michael Shortt

Meanwhile, the MSD Box 6AL and Tach Adapter are being removed from the rear
firewall and  relocated to the front boot,
now there won't even be room for panties and condoms in the front!

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com