[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 71, Issue 7-Reno Fernley Track

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Mon Jun 7 17:22:33 EDT 2010

After hearing many stories about the track
at Reno Fernley a few of us took a drive out
to see what was actually there

We talked to one of the guys that had been there
for about 10 years and they have a new manager
and are just starting to get things going again
They have run a few events already and hope to
get things back to normal soon...

At the end of the conversation he said that maybe
sometime when we are in the area we could take a
few laps... I told him I had 4 Panteras at the gate
ready to go....we went over to the office signed some
releases and were off on the track at a spirited pace
... don't go over 100 mph for about 20 minutes

I got my dose of running on the long course with a few new
patches and one section repaved...this made my Reno Event
as I needed my fix of track time... my other buddies including
my passenger were all smiles from ear to ear... great times

Oh we did have one spin when my buddy Rich got the red
mist trying to lap one of the others

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera