[DeTomaso] Award for the month!

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:23:11 EDT 2010

> It was a CompCams Magnum double-roller and I bought the same to replace it.
> It had no sign of wear but I was really spooked by the 22 degrees of
> advance I found.

Check the name on that Comp roller chain.  Mike and I bought a chain for Lori
at Summit during the fun rally.  We had them pull a bunch of different brands
of timing chains and examined the chains.  IIRC, one of the Comp sets had a
good brand of chain and the other had the dreaded Rolon from India.  The FRPP
set we went with had the excellent German Iwis.  If the chain says
"Made in USA",
it's a re-packaged Cloyes.  If it says "Renold", it's a good quality
French chain.
If it says "Dado", it's a good quality Japanese chain (if it says
"Dido", it's an
attractive female singer/songwriter from London).

Dan Jones