[DeTomaso] Progress report on # 5141 brake and suspension modification.

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 22:44:14 EDT 2010

Hi everyone.
For those of you who may be following my Ken Green Brembo Brake modification
and suspension up grade, I was making good progress today. I don't know if I
mentioned it but a few months ago while my broken leg \ knee was still
healing I broke my pinky toe on my left foot. It had gotten to the point
where I could barely stand to where shoes and after standing for a few hours
the pain in my left foot became unbearable. So I seems the only footwear I
can tolerate for any length of time are sandals. You don't need to be Albert
Einstein to know that sandals are a poor choice of foot wear to wear while
working on a car. Well today Murphys law struck with a vengeance. Like an
idiot I was wearing sandals to work on my car. I was removing the ball joint
and tie rod ends from the front spindle. I had the spindle firmly held in a
big vise that was mounted to a huge solid steel table and I was using a
small sledge hammer to knock the ball joints and tie rod ends off of the
spindle. If I had tried to aim Ii could never have made this shot.  I gave
the piece I was trying to knock out of the taper fitting a good shot and the
piece came off in one good wack and like a smart bomb made a beeline right
for my left foot toes. The only good luck I had was that instead of hitting
my pinky toe( again) it hit my middle toe. It looks so nasty that if I
didn't know better I would swear it was gangrene. If anyone is in the mood
to see something gross I have posted a picture of the mashed toe on photo
bucket. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me to show the progress I
made. I now have the CV joint fully installed on the drivers side and the
upper and lower a-arms and the billet riser. I have the upper and lower
a-arms on the right rear and my front a-arms that were modified by Johnny
Woods are back from the powder coaters.

Link  to Jam
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu243/boyd411/
Boyd