[DeTomaso] Reno update

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Sat Jun 5 01:29:17 EDT 2010

Just some quick note from the Hospitality Suite --

All is going well.  We have had some great events with no issues.  A few
splashes of rain but otherwise perfect car weather.

There have been some breakdowns as expected, but we have the tools and
the parts to get everyone home.  It is good to have Larry Stock's place
nearby.  Jim Kuehne got smacked by some ditz who hit the brakes on a
curve and slid into his passenger side front fender.

The film crew sent by the new De Tomaso factory arrived today.  It is
amazing to see professionals work.  They have a van with doors on both
sides.  The videographer is in a full harness, which is attached to the
van.  He hangs out the door holding the camera inches from the road
surface going 80 to get Pantera passing at triple-digit speeds.

We have a bunch of gorgeous cars in the ballroom.

Steve Wilkinson has been very generous with parts.  I have never seen so
many parts in one place, let alone in a raffle.