[DeTomaso] assembly lube use after minor inspection of an engine that set for a year?

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Fri Jun 4 23:55:26 EDT 2010

Dear Ken,

       IIRC, they give you a 5/8 oz (?) packet with a new cam.   I would
think that 8 oz. would be way too much and probably 4 oz would be more than
you could slather on the cam.    My wild ass guess would be 1-2 oz. maximum
especially with a pre broken in cam and lifters.      That plus some fresh
oil and you should be fine, IMHO.

                    Warmest regards, Chuck Engles