[DeTomaso] When to change the AC dryer?

jgkrenton at comcast.net jgkrenton at comcast.net
Thu Jun 3 23:35:15 EDT 2010

Charlie et-al:

Actually, the vacuum works well.  "In the old days" this used to be the way it was always done.  A few hours of vacuum will pull all the moisture out of the system, including the dryer.  If you want to hurry it up, warm up the dryer a bit with a heat gun/hair dryer while you have the vacuum on the system.  The moisture will be gone and the dryer completely reusable..  The current shops change the dryers because its fast, not because it's better, and not everyone has a good vacuum pump anymore.

FYI

Jeff 2467