[DeTomaso] water pump mounting hole repair

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 3 20:38:23 EDT 2010

I've searched and searched.  The only place I've seen them is Gessford Machine:  http://www.gessford.com/cobraparts/fheads.htm

Gessford is pretty big in the 427 Cobra market.

You only need the inserts and the proper size drill bit.  You install them by screwing them into a bolt with a nut used as jam nut.  You drill the hole to the correct size, and screw it in.  It self taps.

Gessford sells the inserts retail.  George Anderson at Gessford is great to deal with.  He could advise you on the Rockmount recommendations on the install - i.e. minimum meat around the insert, etc.