[DeTomaso] water pump mounting hole repair

Gray Gregory rgg at gregorycook.com
Wed Jun 2 20:53:15 EDT 2010

Doug,

I think you're fine to use the 7/16 od insert but just for fun (and your peace of mind) I would first try modifying a smaller insert. get an insert that will thread into your 3/8 hole and then try drilling and taping that insert for the 5/16 bolt. if it works you'll have a very thin insert so be sure not to over tourqe the bolt. if it doesnt work all your out is an extra threaded insert.

good luck,

Gray