[DeTomaso] Causes for cylinder cutting out?

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Wed Jun 2 15:40:02 EDT 2010

2010-06-02 21:04, Charles McCall skrev:
> Hi all,
>

> Questions:
>
> 1)       How can I tell if my engine is only running on 7 cylinders?
>
> 2)       What are the causes for a cylinder cutting out? If it comes and
> goes, then I expect it is electrical. A wiped cam lobe wouldn't disappear
> and reappear, for example. Worn plugs? Improper gap? Loose spark plug wire?
> What else?

Mine did this when I got it, and it turned out to be glazed bores. #3
and #7 plugs were frequently fouling, particularly on idle and on city
driving. At WOT it would clean up and all cylinders were firing.

Pull the plugs and check for oil.

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 32 31 18