[DeTomaso] front hood headlight buckets rubber grommets on 1972 detomaso pantera

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sat Jul 31 17:29:05 EDT 2010

Agree on this point. It is a PIA.  My relay fried, which fried my motor.  I
swapped the motor and the Pantera Electronics in the same session and took
my driver's side bucket out to help in the motor removal (another PIA for my
car).  My bucket had washers and the holes in the bucket where the bolts
went through were big and the fit was sloppy as heck.  It took some doing
(and a chip in my fender paint when the light came down too tight), but it
finally worked.  Place a piece of cardboard between the light and the fender
to protect it until you get it right.  I found that the cardboard allowed me
to have the bolts slightly loose and when the light came down, it pushed the
bucket just right into place. I tightened the bolts, removed the cardboard,
then did a slight tweaking with a miniature hammer on the bolts for my final
adjustment before I finished tightening.