[DeTomaso] Bearing Retainer Screws: Grade 12.9

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Fri Jul 30 21:21:04 EDT 2010

FWIW,

Each Pantera rear axle bearing retainer is held  by 4 6x1.0x14mm slotted
flat head screws. The threaded portion of the  14mm screw is about 10mm.

Bolt Depot #13280 6x1.0x16mm 12.9 socket (hex) flat head screws  fit. The
threads in the holes in the upright may need to  be extended using a bottom
tap.

>http://www.boltdepot.com/product.aspx?cc=25&cs=83&cm=71&cd=1323&selected=13
280

The 16mm screw is treaded full length.

2 of the 4 holes in my first upright required bottom tapping about  3 turns
 ....... dead easy. All the holes in my upright were drilled  between 19
and 22 mm deep.  The threaded portion of the 16mm screw is about  12mm. Bottom
taps cost about $5 each from an industrial machine tool supplier,  or a
good hardware store.

I have a box of 100 screws which, with UPS shipping, comes to a  cost of
about $0.25 each.

I'll sell sets of 8 for $5.00 including outbound  postage.

Have fun now,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com