[DeTomaso] ZDDP - is this stuff any good?

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Thu Jul 29 00:03:47 EDT 2010

When I click the link I see a chart showing how much to add to obtain a certain level of ZDDP.

However, it makes no sense because according to recent virgin oil analyses on Bobistheoilguy.com even the newest oils made for roller engines have at least 700ppm Zinc.  So his chart assumes there is NO ZDDP in the oil you are adding to, which is incorrect.

Also, be advised that Shell Rotella T 5W-40 synthetic has over 1200ppm zinc out of the bottle.  It is generally felt to be one of the best oils you can  buy and is not expensive.  I believe I paid about $25 for a gallon at Autozone recently and was mad at myself because I  could have picked up another gallon at Walmart when they had it for about $20.  (they sell out fast)

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1939470#Post1939470

Jim Oddie