[DeTomaso] Two more questions.

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Wed Jul 28 22:13:16 EDT 2010

Hey - I should have sent an update Doug.
It didn't like the pickup being to close to the coil wire (HT side)
Doesn't seem to care about being close to #2.

The smaller carb made HC easier to control and with the timing back to
8deg initial,
run and idle are both in spec by 25%.
Runs hot like crazy and but I got drilled on CO run & idle anyway.

It certainly proved out all my new cooling lines and clamps.
It was at 250F when they finished the testing, but no problem.
I got it on the road and it cooled back to just hot.

With 18 degrees back in it runs cool again, and I get 1 year before I
have to go again.
That's because I got a repair cert from the shop whose Bear analyzer and
bay I was using.
Only cost me $200.
My goodness this is fun.
dave

P.S. On the bright side
- Rocky Mountain Tour - starting next Tuesday
- all my rebuild is tight & dry and break-in seems to have gone fine
- the Dan Jones spec Bullet cam is great - still pulls from 1500 and
idles better than the wiped Comp cam.
  Changed the exhaust note quite a bit - which I don't understand, but
it's nice.