[DeTomaso] Twin turbo what is it?

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 14:37:55 EDT 2010

I am as far as you can get from being an expert on the subject but I have a
friend that owned a turbo charger company. They remanufactured Turbos and
fabricated prototypes for designers and he is an expert at their set up and
use. According to the information I have your system would benefit greatly
from the installation of an inexpensive alcohol injector setup. If you don't
incorporate some means of cooling the process ( either an intercooler or
alcohol /methane injector  )  you will be faced with numerous problems that
will either grossly reduce the amount of horsepower you could produce , or
destroy your engine.   an inexpensive alchol injector setup is  a very
effective and inexpensive means of getting  your set up to work much more
effectively. (reduce the temperature of combustion , reduce or eliminate
detonation and allow you to increase boost and horse power.)
The benefits of Alcohol / Methanol injection in a nut shell are as follows:

*                                                 Benefits Of Water Methanol
Injection:
*

   -   Lower air charge temperatures by 40-200+ degrees
   - Increase your fuel’s octane by 10-25+ points
   - Increase horsepower safely by 10-15%
   - Allows you to safely run more boost and timing
   - Removes carbon build-up from combustion chambers, pistons and valves
   - Longer more stable combustion expansion and progression
   - Reduces and helps eliminate engine damaging detonation and pre-ignition

   - No need for expensive racing fuel or additives

There are numerous inexpensive alcohol injection systems available on the
market. If my memory serves me correctly they were first used to get more
power from fighter planes at high altitude in WWII.
Here are several links that will provide info on the subject and or vendors
of products.:

   1.
   http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/a10/Knock-Knock.-Who-is-the-there...-Detonation!/article_info.html
   2. http://www.alcohol-injection.com/faq.php?cID=1
   3. http://www.labontemotorsports.com/ontrack/WM101.pdf
   4.
   http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/alcohol-and-water-injection-the-basics.html

There are literally tens of thousands of links on the subject so if you
still have questions after reading what I have pointed out just Google the
subject. You can ask for more specific answers like (alchol Methanol
injection for turbocharged Ford V-8's.
 As I said I don't claim to have any kind of expertise this is just
information I have picked up and I strongly recommend you confirm it's
validity before making any decisions based on it.

Boyd