[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 72, Issue 27- Windsor-180's

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 12:01:24 EDT 2010

I have one of the first set of  Windsor 180 exhausts from
the Byers Brothers... I have to say that is the best improvement
I have ever done on the car... like music to my ears.... many
people wait around for the car to start up just to hear them

I went to a Dart block windsor 5 years back as my Cleveland was
already 30 over.   Dart has Cleveland mains, a 4.125 bore, better
water passages and a windsor valve train... can rev and stay together
I elected to go with the a solid lifter cam so it makes the sound incredible

Heads are ported brodix track ones, manifold is a victor jr.... not
the same look as my aussie single plane I had on the cleveland
but the engine builder stated do you want to have it look good or
pull you out of the turns... we went for pulling out of the turns

Its still a ford.... 411 inches now but some of the cleveland boys give
me a hard time... have not seen them on the track much though
as most of them don't want to rev them over 5500 rpm

Windsor works for me... only motor I have ever had that has not
blown up or spun a bearing in 1 1/2 years max... going on 5 years plus now
I have lost over 10 others to what they call over reving... now have a 6800
pill in the msd box to keep things inside the pan

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera