[DeTomaso] How does the billet plaque mount?

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Mon Jul 26 20:55:50 EDT 2010

You know having Mike and Jack never agree on anything, is really neat.
You always get at least one good answer and often two.

Thanks to both of you.
dave

PS What's it like when you're in the same place?

>> 6143 has no badging, so I bought on of those billet detomaso plaques.
>> It arrived with 4 small hex cap-screws and I thought I'd find a matching
>> spot on the lower-rear X-member.
>> But no.
>> So how do they mount?

And Mike wrote

> Drill appropriate-sized holes, and tap the appropriate threads so that
> the bolts thread into the holes in the chassis.  I actually used
> sheemetal screws as I think they are more secure.  For ultimate
> security, get really long bolts, drill all the way through both sides
> of the box channel and secure with nuts on the back side.
>
> Mike
And Jack wrote

I use 2 Adel clamps behind the plaque, looped around the rear swaybar
and connected to two of the drilled holes. I used 10-32 screws with
nylock nuts & washers. Hasn't fallen off or turned with 3 different
sized rear swaybars, in 40,000 miles. No drilling, no fuss, and its more
visible than hidden behind the rear bar.

FWIW- J DeRyke