[DeTomaso] Pandora's 15 minutes of fame--Popular Hot Rodding

Dave McManus dave at damardirect.com
Sun Jul 25 19:16:45 EDT 2010

Nice job Chris!
IndyDave

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Kimball [mailto:chrisvkimball at msn.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:35 AM
To: Pantera List Serve
Subject: [DeTomaso] Pandora's 15 minutes of fame--Popular Hot Rodding

Check out page 29 of the September 2010 issue of Popular Hot Rodding and
you'll see, under the "Home Town Hot Rodding" section a picture of Pandora
in all her glory...

I was at the Goodguys Rod and Custom Show at the Puyallup, WA fairgrounds
today, and was approached by a guy who asked if mine was the Pantera he had
just seen in the latest issue of Popular Hot Rodding.  I realized they must
have done a page on my car, so I told him, "yes!"

Some time ago I sent a picture of my car to PHR for consideration in the
Home Town Hot Rodding section feature of the magazine, and a few months ago
they contacted me for more pictures and information.  Today, when I returned
from the car show, I saw that I received my copy of PHR--and there was the
picture.  I even won the "Picture Perfect Award" which means I get some cool
car care stuff.

They did a nice job with the article, with only a couple of minor mistakes.
The funniest is near the end of the article where it says that to repair the
gas tank "the entire rear axle had to be removed."  What I told them was
that the engine and transmission had to be removed.  The part about all the
club members descending upon my garage to fix it is true--except it didn't
just happen once, it has happened multiple times!

Anyway, it's fun seeing it in a magazine.

Tomorrow I'm doing a country drive with a bunch of friends, and the weather
should be great.  All I have to do before departing is figure out why two of
my three radiator fans suddenly stopped working today...

Sincerely,

Chris