[DeTomaso] Not running ...

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun Jul 25 16:49:12 EDT 2010

Did you change your carb bowls last year when you had the thing rebuilt?  I
had very similar symptoms when, after tearing the carb apart, found that I
had been given one of the famous flaking float bowls.  There was a bad run
of plating a while back the resulted in the coating on the inside of the
bowls blistering and flaking off, clogging your fuel delivery.  Pull the
carb, pull the bowls, and take a look.

May be it, may not.  It was about a year after my rebuild that the bowl went
south.

Mike Thomas
Yellow 74 L 6328