[DeTomaso] FAST EFI

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 25 15:53:16 EDT 2010

I just finished putting together a system from retrotek speed.  throttle body system, fit like carb, can tune itself and can be tuned with a computer.  there are some limits with the system, such as can not control electric fans i dont think, but good customer support and car seems to run OK.  Of course, I have not driven it out of the driveway yet...

I chose this system after a lot of research because I figured it couldnt be any worse than a carb (I never plan to change jets or things on carbs because i dont know how to adjust), and a throttle body injection system can work with any intake.

I went fuel injection because my older cars sit more than they run, and I am tired of trouble starting and need for carb rebuilding every few years from too much sitting.  So far, the cleveland starts every time with little effort, but still working out the bugs.  There are plenty of other similar systems now, from Accel, FAST, and others.  rapidly changing field.  justin