[DeTomaso] Original Outside Mirror

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 15:19:52 EDT 2010

In a message dated 7/25/10 12 15 23, threemacs at aol.com writes:

> Does anyone know where I can get a right hand original equipment mirror?
>
>>>Yup--it's simple and cheap.   It's a standard Ford mirror, as fitted to
the '67-68 Mustang as well as a bunch of other Fords.

http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/1967-1968-Mustang-Rectangular-Mirror.html

> >One other question -- How do you re-seal the X bracing just under the
> skin of the hood and trunk? (Mine has a gap)
>
>>>Kirk Evans was at my house, and he simply used a bead of black silicone
on my car.   You'll quickly exhaust a normal tube; we bought a large tube
for a caulking gun.   He masked both sides with painter's tape, filled the
area with black silicone, smoothed it with his finger, then pulled the tape
away.   Perfect!