[DeTomaso] Has anyone tried Eastwood Diamond Clear for the ZF, valve covers, etc?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jul 24 01:43:26 EDT 2010

In a message dated 7/23/10 10:46:28 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> This is for the ZF in the round town and weekend car.  Should not have
> the temp issues of a serious track car.

Agreed, In a run to 'Vegas a few years ago (450 miles) after adding a temp
sender to our ZF, it took nearly 3 hours of very high speed cruising through
the desert to get the ZF oil to 180 degrees. Barely enough to drive out
condensation. Don't worry about ZF overheating; worry more about a very
adherant paint maybe turning yellow and needing grit-blasting to remove it.... Good
luck- J DeRyke