[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 72, Issue 23- Old Aldins

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 23 13:20:34 EDT 2010

If any of you are junking your old aldins I will take them
I switched from Carreras a few years back and the car
runs on rails now... yes they do leak... three so far
but I get them rebuilt for free.. have two spares so any
more will help- not looking to buy any but if you are throwing
them out leaking I will have them fixed and use... also pay for shipping

I also have not adjusted mine since Byers sent them to me
preadjusted and they work great... even had one rear outside
blown last year at the Reno track event and I did not know
until I got home with oil on the trailer floor
Guess I am not a good enough driver to have a feel for a problem
but it felt ok to me

I also had a set of Quellas Carreras on the car at one time
replaced the heimed bushings and within a year or two the
heims were worn out again... Have rubber on the Adlins
but I also have 1" bars and 550/750 springs so something
has to give a little

I have read on the Fbody forum that the Qa-1's also have
leak issues... mine on my Firebird are made in China
I have not got the car running again to know how they work

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera