[DeTomaso] Can I take down a new M6?

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Fri Jul 23 02:25:53 EDT 2010

2010-07-22 23:37, michael at michaelshortt.com skrev:
> One things for sure, your friend is an idiot to thrash a 85k car before
> breaking in the engine properly.  If you get him off the line and run out of
> road before 120 MPH, you should take him.  Michael Shortt

I don't think any (German) manufacturer delivers a car nowadays which
doesn't have a broken in engine. Even the VW golf we bought last year
had had the drive train broken in for the equivalent of 1000 km driving,
and had had two oil changes.

And a modern engine should be broken in hard, not abused, but absolutely
not babied either.

Thomas