[DeTomaso] FAST EFI

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 16:05:05 EDT 2010

I'm putting a FAST XFI system together using a Weiand single plane manifold modified for the 8 injectors.  I'm not sure of the total cost, maybe $3,000 if I'm lucky.  I like not relying on the intake manifold equally distributing the fuel and system I'm putting together is full sequential, which probably doesn't add much HP because the duty cycle is high at peak HP, but I think will make it more driveable.

I'm hoping to start the motor in a couple months.  The engine is nearly ready to drop back in, but the shop modifying the intake manifold has other priorities.

Having a local tuner with experience is a hugh deal with an aftermarket EFI.  I'd make sure that is covered before buying a system.  But, the FAST system can connect to your PC and transmit real time data to the tech guys, so that should help.   I have talked to the FAST guys at the SEMA show and they really seem to want to help you make the system work.

Ken