[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 72, Issue 21-24 hours tour etc

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 15:46:34 EDT 2010

Finally got to read the 24 hrs trip and view the photos
by Charles... great writeup and shoot..thank you.. hope to go some day

Veyrons- I talked to a guy at the Stanford show a month back
and he told me about a guy in the Sand Box- dawg's current home
that saw three Veyrons at a show.. he said he wanted the middle one
they told them there was a 6 month waiting time.. he said I want that
one several times- 6 million dollars later he got the one he wanted

Head leak
I tried the leak tester you put in the coolant a while
back when I thought I blew a head gasket at the Vegas
track event.. it showed I had the leak... turned yellow
but it turned out to be a water pump failure.. go figure
so the heads got a new valve job and springs while out

Autoweek article recently also talked about big numbers
including the Nitro Drag cars burning over 11 gallons of fuel (90% Nitro)
in the burnout and the run... about 8 plus is done in less than 4 seconds
I think they have like 6 fuel pumps

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera