[DeTomaso] European Track Days?

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Wed Jul 21 15:16:57 EDT 2010

Having just spent time at the Nürburgring and the Autobahn I don't think
either is a substitute for a track day. At the Ring you're sharing the track
with litterally anyone off the street in any type of car. You might get
stuck behind someone who won't let you pass and there goes your 22E down the
drain. The track is only open for a few hours (after around 5 pm) on
weekdays, longer on weekends. The first day I was there the track was closed
down when I'd driven two laps due to a violent thunderstorm. No refunds on
laps you've paid for and not used either. If you plan on driving on the edge
consider that run off zones are almost non-existent (plenty of Armco though)
and if you crash you get to pay for what you break (e.g. rails) and the
downtime of the track if you need towing I'm told. Check with your car
rental agency before you take a rental car on the track too. The Autobahn?
You might get up to speed for a few kms but traffic will soon limit your
high speed run.

Tomas