[DeTomaso] FAST EFI

Cullen McCann clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 15:16:42 EDT 2010

I had a friend that ran it on a mustang 5.0 that he drag raced and love it.
He ran the custom EFI system due to a pretty complicated turbo system and he
wanted to take the EEC IV out of the loop and setup his own fuel and timing
curves...Unfortunately I didn't run it myself so I cant give first hand, but
several acquaintances in my mustang crowd loved it. There is also a new
system that is growing in popularity called "Megasquirt". I know, sounds
dumb, but its very flexible and less costly compared to the Accell DFI
systems and even less than FAST I believe. I am "planning" to run the
Megasquirt system on a couple of projects. I haven't been caught up on the
systems in a couple years but I was ramping up for something similar not
long ago....until.....KIDS.

Just my thoughts on it.

Has anyone had experience with FAST EFI, good or bad.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FST-30227-KIT/

Are there any other systems out there like this one other than the Holley
Pro-Jection that are retrofit type TBI systems?

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505