[DeTomaso] synthetic vs pennzoil

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Wed Jul 21 02:13:33 EDT 2010

Mobil1 15W-50 was the only one that had enough zinc&phosphorous - it was
racing oil.
**All the rest were unsuitable.**
But - the last spec was April 09, so it looks like they took the guts
out of it too, probably down to 800 ppm now.
So like Asa Jay says - it'll be fine, bit needs about 600 ppm of ZDDP
additive.
Pennzoil 10W40 Normal or Ultra or Platinum never had it in the first place.
If you take Platinum and give it the same ZDDP dose it should maybe as good.
dave