[DeTomaso] Selling 1974 Pantera in PA and need advice/buyer

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 19:22:11 EDT 2010

It sounds nice but it is really hard to say with out seeing pictures. You
know a picture is worth 1000 words. I don't doubt that your car is worth
$60K but I think in todays economy you may be a bit optomistic in your
price.  I think PI Motorsports is probably the best source to provide an
accurate evaluation in todays market. I know they take cars on consignment
but I don't know what kind of commission they charge. I have sold many cars
on e-bay. Some of them sold quickly and brought top dollar but quite often
you go through several "sales" before you actually wind up with an actual
sale.  If I can give a word of advice on selling a car on e-bay is start
with a low opening price. If you start to high you take a chance of scaring
away many of your potential buyers. Just make sure you have  a reserve price
set that you can live with. Hemmings is good for serious buyers but people
tend to know the prices in the current market . The Dupont registry is
expensive but it is good if you car really stands out. (for $60K it better
stand out) I would stay away from Craigs list. these are just my personal
opinions.
Boyd