[DeTomaso] Bronze or Steel Valve Guides

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Jul 18 19:03:10 EDT 2010

Dear Tom,

            I can't speak to the advantages/disadvantages of brass (bronze?)
versus steel valve guides.   Over the last ten years all of my Cleveland
heads have had bronze (brass?) valve guides placed by the machine shop.   I
can't really recall ever hearing about steel valve guides.   A real expert
will have to address your question.   I am interested in learning about
Steel vs. Brass (Bronze?) valve guides, too.

                  Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles