[DeTomaso] timing specs for L engine?

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Sun Jul 18 03:09:29 EDT 2010

I'm still traveling in Europe so I don't have access to my workshop manual

What were the timing specs at idle for the L engine with smog equipment?
Were these the same as a non-smog-equipped motor from say 1966 would have?

I know many manufacturers met smog requirements in the early 70's by just retarding the timing like crazy, especially at idle. (to like 10 deg AFTER TDC)

I plan to write Fantasy Junction re the "Euro engine" issue and want to have my facts straight.

Jim