[DeTomaso] lower support shaft

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 19:03:24 EDT 2010

I bought a lower support shaft from a member and the specified nuts (m14x
1.5) don't seem to fit ( the thread is wrong). Does anyone know if there
were any sae shafts floating around with US thread sizes? The only size M14
nuts I have been able to find are m14 x 2.00 (coarse thread) or M14 x 1.5 (
fine thread which is the specified size in the parts listing) the only
possiabilty I can think of is that this shaft has an sae thread. I cant find
a local source for M14 nuts to compare too. I seem to remember seeing a
vendor that had this part listed at a very reasonable price $15.00 - $20.00
but in true Murphy tradition I can't find it. The only two I have found with
prices listed were $35.00 and $135.00!!!!. Anyone have a suggestion?
There is also a 10 1/2" shaft Part# 02113a and an 11" shaft. What is the 11"
shaft for? The 10 1/2" is long enough for my application.

Boyd